Transportation Advocacy Group – Houston Region Policy Internship Opportunity
Are you passionate about policy research with a love for Houston? Do you enjoy making persuasive arguments based on past, present and future policy? Do you excel in taking complex ideas and/or policies and providing your audience with a clear and concise explanation? If just one of these applies to you, then we want you to be our 2018 policy intern!
Transportation Advocacy Group – Houston Region (TAG) is based in Houston and serves as the voice for transportation funding for Houston. With a population expected to grow by 3 million in just 10 years - the Houston region must solve its transportation infrastructure crisis today. TAG must educate the public and business communities to communicate what needs to change to prevent a regressing quality of life.
Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys research, is creative and thoughtful, understands the current transportation infrastructure crisis, is persuasive and has a clear picture of the political landscape as it relates to public policy.
What You Will Accomplish:
• Guided creation of a legislative agenda in prep for the 2019 Texas Legislative session
• Support research for TAG’s Policy & Fiscal Council
• Relationship building with our TAG team, leadership, members and more!
• Development of compelling letters to the editor, press releases and additional content for social media and news outlets based on policy research.
• Assist our executive staff on many other policy-related items to support our overall mission What We Require:
• Background in public policy, political science, non-profit management and/or other research
• Strong communication skills.
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
• Creative and Flexible.
• Familiarity with policy think tanks, organizations, etc.
• Interested in the issues of transportation policy, funding and/or infrastructure
We value your work and will make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career and education goals!
Details: The position begins January 2018 and has a flexible time frame based on availability. Stipend available along with option for college credits. To apply please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.